Carrying out industrially relevant and meaningful research for upgrading/development of new materials and processes.
Up gradation in existing materials based on the feedback from the industry.
- Offer solutions to industrial problems regarding existing materials and processes.
- Expand in the area of failure analysis to provide feedback to industry regarding deficiency in design/materials/processes.
- Develop competence in hitherto undeveloped but industrially significant areas of non-destructive evaluation, metal forming, image analysis and colour metallography.
- To provide continuing education to industry.
- Focus & carry out research on conversation strategies for materials and other socially relevant issues.
- Establish partnership with industry for governance of institute, training of teachers, students and curriculum development.
- Generate income through consultancy, collaborations, projects and create a corpus for Department/Institute development.