At Computer Center, MSU
A. MONTHLY MEETINGS OF EXECUTIVE BODY :
The Executive Committee members consist of Alumni members and Faculties from various fields meet on the first Friday of every month. The members send their suggestions for upgrading activities and interact with Office bearers.
B. MEMBERS AND STUDENTS INTERACTIONS :
Since the formation MSU PAA has achieved the following with the cooperation and foresight of Faculty and Executive members :
- Executive members from various fields such as Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering etc. have visited and counseled final year polytechnic students for future prospects for career.
- We had organized 30-40 visits to various Industries . All programmes were sponsored by the Executive Members. The Industrial visits are very beneficial for the students in understanding the practical applications of theoretical aspects of respective subjects and helps the students at the time of interview to decide upon the selection of the appropriate industry.
- The Executive Committee members had visited each and every class of the final year Diploma students in the beginning and the end of the semester, they were made aware of the various job opportunities available to them in their respective fields, preparing them for the interviews and for negotiating salaries.
- During the VCCI Exhibition held from 12th to 16th February 2009, the students were invited and had visited the various stalls, lectures and discussions.
- We had organized an Essay writing competition on “What did I learn through Industrial visits” and the best two winners were given the awards in the form of “CAD-CAM & SOLID WORKS” courses worth Rs.20,000/- each , courtesy of Mr. Ravindra Kulkarni of ‘Technique’. The awardees were :
1) Ms.Anjana Gohil
2) Mr. Hardik Patel
6. We had also organized lecture sessions to create
- Awareness of Quality,
- Use of CAD/CAM & SOLID WORKS,
- Use of Robotics,
- Job opportunities and needs of Industries.
7. MSU PAA had arranged a get-together for the final year students of Polytechnic for guiding them for job opportunities available to them with various Industries and placement services chaired by Mr. K. S. Agrawal, Principal, Polytechnic, Mr. Dinyar Engineer, President of MSU PAA and other dignitaries from various fields.