|HONOURS, AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Smt. Itchagauri Naik Gold
Medal - First class first in B.Sc.(Home)
- The Maharaja Sayajirao
University of Baroda Merit Scholarships for standing first in all eight
undergraduate semester examinations.
- Akhila Bharatiya Vidyarthi
Parishad (Gujarat Branch) Merit Certificate
- Mary Hunter Scholar Of the
P.E.O Sisterhood, U.S.A.
- P.E.O. International Peace
Scholarship for postgraduate studies at Iowa State University Of Science
& Technology, U.S.A.
- Senior Research Fellowship,
Indian Council Of Medical Research, New Delhi
- Membership By Invitation
1. SIGMA XI - The Scientific Research Society Of
2. IOTA SIGMA PI - The National Chemical
Honor Society for Women, U.S.A.
- Ountstanding Woman Achiever
Award of the All Indian Management Association.
- First woman Chancellor of the
Recognized Indian University with more than 35000
- Conferred 'Associatship' of
the Nutrition foundation Of India, New Delhi.
- Food And Nutrition Department,
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda 'Alumni Achievement
TEACHING AND RESEARCH
- More than 12 years of teaching
undergraduate and postgraduate courses in nutrition, food science,
biochemistry, physiology, statistics and research methods and guiding
research of postgraduats students.
- As a Senior Research Fellow of
the INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, New Delhi. She researched on
"Trace Element Availability of Indian Diets" at the
National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad(1976-1982).
- She has conducted several
community and experimental (laboratory) research projects and surveys in
nutrition, dietetics, education, food habits, family welfare, culture,
etc. some of which were sponsored by the International Federation for
Home Economics, the Nutrition Foundation of India, University Grants
Commission, Indian Council of Medical Research and other
national/governmental agencies, NGOs and industries.
PROFESSIONAL & WORK
- Member of the Commission on
Education and Training, the International Union for Conservation of
Nature & Natural Resources (IUCNNR), Switzerland.
- Chairperson, Food &
Nutrition Programme Committee, International Federation For Home
Economics (IFHM), France.
- Member Of The
1. Steering group on Nutrition, Planning Commission,
Government of India.
2. Governing Body, Institute Of
Home Economics, New Delhi.
Currently A Member
of The :
- Advisory Committee for Rajiv
Gandhi Institute For Contemporary Studies, RAJIV GANDHI FOUNDATION, New
- Food And Nutrition Council,
Government of India.
- Governing Body, Nutrition
Foundation Of India, New Delhi.
- Faculty Board of Home Science,
The Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda.
- Programme Committee on Women
& Families in Development, IFHE, Paris, France.
- Trustee, GOPALAN ORATION
She is also currently serving as
an Expert on the Board Of Studies (Foods & Nutrition and Home Science)
of The Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda, and on the Selection
Committees for appointement of University Teachers and Ph.D. supervisors
at Nagpur and Amravati Universities.
Dietetic Counsellor to Shree
Maharani Shantadevi Trust, Vadodara and the Diabetes Association Of
She has published several
research and popular articles in national and International Journals of
- Contributed a recipe to the
"Family Favourities", Celebrity Cookbook published by the Vienna NGO
Committee on the Family in cooperation with the UN Secreteriat for the
International Year Of the Family , vienna, 1994.