FACULTY OF SCIENCE

NOTIFICATIONS

The Faculty of Science is a Constituent Institution of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda under the direct management and control of the University. The Old Baroda College which was founded in the year 1881 consisted of Arts and Science Sections. The Faculty of Science started its independent existence in March, 1951 with Dr. C.S. Patel as its First Dean.

The Old Building which houses the Faculty of Science at present was completed in about 1934 in the reign of Srimant Sayajirao III Gaekwad Baroda a far sighted Ruler and maker of modern Baroda. It is conspicuous by its small copper dome and is flanked on the west by the building of Faculty of Education and Psychology and on the east by the majestic building of the Old Baroda College, now the Faculty of Arts.