- What are the courses offered by the department at the undergraduate level?
The students have to study the common courses offered by the other departments of the faculty at 1st
the year level. At the 2nd
year level the department offers 2, three year of Bachelors degree in the field of Clothing and Textiles and Fashion Designing. The admission for the same is done on the merit basis.
The course content is available on the website.
- What are the courses offered by the department at the postgraduate level?
The department offers two year of masters degree in the field of Clothing and Textiles and design with the emphasis on research along with 6 weeks of internship.
- What is the difference between Clothing and Textiles and Fashion Designing?
The Subjects viz. pattern making, clothing and constructions,
The courses offered for the Clothing and Textiles are focused on fiber science, dyeing and printing along with textile testing whereas for the Fashion Designing course the focus is on designing, illustration along with computer aided software's and on job training for 3 weeks.
- Is this a Higher payment programme?
- Is there any other diploma courses offered?
- What is the general nature of the entrance exam at the masters level?
The entrance examination is a theory test of your knowledge in the areas of fiber science, designing, illustration, draping, pattern making, clothing and constructions, marketing and merchandising, current affairs in fashion, traditional textiles, technologies and innovations in textiles and general knowledge. No multiple choice questions. No negative marking. Personal Interviews also aim to check out your knowledge and awareness besides your communication, personality and focus.
- What are the documents required at the time of taking admission in masters?
SSC result, HSC result, Leaving Certificate, Migration certificate if not from Gujarat state, *Minimum three years* Bachelors degree results of all semester along with degree certificate, any other diploma passing certificate if any, 3 passport size photos, Students under the reserved category may carry their relevant certificates.
- Am I eligible to be admitted directly to the second year as I have done my three year diploma/ degree in the related field?
There is no lateral admission. The students have to begin with 1st year only.
- What is the eligibility criteria for Ph. D?
One should be a master degree holder in the related fields of clothing and textiles and also has to clear either UGC/CSIR-NET exam or PET exam conducted by the MSU for Gujarat. For more details one can visit http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet
- Is there any hostel facility?
- What is the process for hostel admission?
Hostel admissions are done online and based on merit.