Mathematics has changed its role in modern societies- from a fundamental discipline to a useful technology.
India is, internationally seen, not a front runner in this evolution; especially Europe, in the last decade also US and Australia have been more active. However, during the last 20 years, in India also some groups of applied mathematicians have started to interact more closely with industry. One of the first was, in 1983, The Department of Applied Mathematics at The M.S. University of Baroda.
The Department is working with a mission to promote Industrial Mathematics activity in western India in collaboration with Department of Mathematics at I. I. T., Bombay. As a part of this mission, we have been organizing workshops on Industrial Problem solving at The M. S. University, at I. I. T., Bombay and at several places in Gujarat. The Department has also introduced a special branch of Industrial Mathematics at M. Sc. (Applied Mathematics), a course PG Diploma in Scientific Computing and Industrial Mathematics: especially for industry fraternity.
We, at Baroda, have established close links with the institutions mentioned earlier and with some of the leading European Industrial Mathematics Centers, e.g. with the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics in Germany, with the Oxford Center for Industrial and Applied Mathematics and with the University of Technology at Lappeenranta in Finland. These contacts have strongly influenced our ideas how to shape the Center for Industrial Mathematics. Altogether, we see a good chance to create one of the leading Indian centers of Industrial Mathematics, establishing mathematics as a key technology, to the benefit of Industries in Gujarat and for the innovation of mathematical research in India.
The Center for Industrial Mathematics was started in January, 2012 at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, keeping in view to make close collaboration with Industry. Activities of the Center
To meet the objectives the center can take up the following activities:
• To take up collaborative Industrial projects requiring Mathematical / Statistical Inputs.
• To arrange short – term training programs for the personnel of Industries as per their requirements.
• To organize self supporting certificate courses of shorter duration in specialized areas for students.
• To arrange joint discussion meetings of Academic and Industrial personnel on topics of mutual interest.
• To help the faculty members and students to get projects form Industries.
• To help the Industries to get appropriate experts to work on their specific problems.
• To provide administrative and Academic support to the faculty members and students working on Industrial projects.
• To arrange workshops / Seminars on specific topics at various universities / Industries in the Western regions.
• Any other activities which will further the objectives of the center.
Prof. Dhanesh P. Patel Centre for Industrial Mathematics
Qualification: M.Sc(Mathematics), M.Sc(Industrial Mathematics)(Germany) , Ph. D.(Applied Mathematics) Phone Nos: +91-9879335246 Email: email@example.com
Experience: Above 20 Years Areas of Interest: CFD, Industrial Mathematics, Fuzzy and Fractional ODE Read more >>