- The Cell will deal with the cases / complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the University.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take suitable action thereon in the manner and mode as per the University Act.
- The Cell shall be accountable to the Vice-Chancellor.
- At least 50% of the members of the Cell may be women.
- At least one of the members of the Cell may be a person with a legal background.
- The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/Colleges/Institute for taking preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Ex-officio President of the Cell and he/she may appoint a Chairperson and a Secretary from amongst the members of the Cell.
- The Cell may form / review the guidelines / policy for redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court and Government Agencies.