Promoted by Industries Commissionerate Government of Gujarat
Anchor Institute (Textile sector)
The Department of Textile Engineering of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is one of the oldest and most reputed universities. Ever since its inception in the year 1953, it has produced professionals of high caliber whose immense contribution in the realm of textile is unparalleled. Department has added another feather to its cap by having been Selected as Anchor Institute by Industries Commissionerate Govt. of Gujarat. The department has been entrusted with the responsibility of grooming skilled manpower at different levels by imparting various technical training suited to the specific requirement of the Textile Sector and Allied Industries.
Objectives of Anchor Institute
- To collect information on all technical courses being offered in state, considering need to upgrade & make it industry responsive. To suggest required changes in curriculum To suggest introducing new courses as per emerging needs of industries.
- To organize training programmes for faculty development. The training programmes will be planned in such a way that all faculties, except persons retiring in next 2 years, of degree level, diploma level institutes and ITIs are trained at least once in four years.
- To prepare teaching, learning & reference material for faculty training programmes.
- To select & coordinate with nodal institutes at degree, diploma and ITI level & to oversee their performance.
- To continuously evolve new training programmes based on need of industries in state & improvements/ changes/ modifications/ upgradation in courses based on industry feedback.
- To arrange faculty/speakers from institutes, industries & professionals for the training programmes.
- To encourage faculties for undertaking R&D and consultancy assignments.
- To continuously identify new areas of growth.
Chief coordinator Chairman
Dr. Aadhar Mandot Prof. C. N. Murthy
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org