The seeds for this Faculty were sown when the former Baroda State Government created on the 17th December 1948 a Women's Education Trust Fund to establish a Home Science College in Baroda. The Trustees handed over this Educational Fund to the newly established The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda for constructing a building for the Faculty of Home Science. On 3rd July, 1950 was established the Faculty of Home Science. Evolving from its humble beginnings, the faculty has made conscious efforts towards redefining and broadening its view in response to the rapidly changing national and global scenario. There has been introduction of several new courses, modification of the syllabus and curriculum as per the changing demands of the society and industry. Rechristened as the ‘Faculty of Family and Community Sciences’ in 2007, it has today evolved into a premier institute including dynamic fields of studies.