Master of Engineering in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering - Welding Technology
|Program:||Master of Engineering in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering - Welding Technology|
A two-year Master’s Degree program in Welding Technology is being offered from the year 2006 at the Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, M.S. University of Baroda. This is a special, Industry- oriented, Industry-supported program sponsored by Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
About 15 students are admitted to this course every year. Around 04 out of them may be sponsored by L&T. The Company will pay scholarship/stipend during the two years of the course and absorbed in L&T on successful completion of the course, if they meet the required criteria.
|Program level:||Post Graduate|
Students with B.E. (Metallurgy), B.E. (Mechanical / Production) and B.E. (Mechatronics) qualification with minimum 55% aggregate are eligible to apply for Non Sponsored seats and with minimum 65% aggregate are eligible to apply for L & T Sponsorship.
Eligibility Criteria – L&T Sponsored students
Following Eligibility Criteria is applicable to all category students (ST, SC, SEBC & Open)
1. Final Year/Semesters students in M.Tech./M.E. Course ( completing in2022)
2. Candidate should have passed the SSC / Xth Std examination in first attempt with minimum 70% or above.
3. Candidate should have passed the HSC/ XIIth Std examination in first attempt with minimum 70% or above.
4. No year gap between SSC / Xth Std & HSC / XIIth Std
5. 70% aggregate marks or above in Diploma Engineering (if applicable). Candidates should not have any ATKTs / Backlogs* in Diploma course.
6. Minimum 65% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA in the B.E. / B. Tech Course.
7. Candidates should not have any ATKTs / Backlogs* in B.E. / B Tech course.
8. No drop in any semester/ year throughout Diploma / B.E / B Tech
9. AGE: Not more than 27 years as on 1st July 2022.
10. Medical standards to be met as per company policy
* Note: Backlog / ATKT
* All backlogs / ATKTs, live as well as cleared to be counted as the total no. of ATKTs / Backlogs throughout the history of engineering for the purpose of elig
Eligibility Criteria – Non Sponsored students
1. All students, who have successfully completed the B.E./ B.Tech. Program in Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or Mechatronics with minimum 55% aggregate, are eligible to apply.
2. GATE qualification is not mandatory for applying to this program.
Apart from L&T, other Industries may also sponsor some students based on their eligibility criteria and requirements.
Kindly refer prospectus for more details.
CANDIDATES WHOSE FINAL YEAR RESULT IS NOT DECLARED ARE ADVISED TO WAIT UPTO LAST DAY OF ONLINE APPLICATION TO INSERT MARKS OF FINAL YEAR. BECAUSE ONCE THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED, THE MARKS CAN NOT BE EDITED. IF THE RESULT IS NOT AVAILABLE BY LAST DAY OF ONLINE APPLICATION ,THEN INSERT "RESULT AWAITED".
|Intake capacity:||15 Seats|
|Duration of Program:||2 years (04 semesters)|
|Mode of Admission:||Entrance Test followed by interview Note- Candidates should bring Hard Writing Pads for the Admission Test LAST DATE on which print out of online registration application along with self attested copy of supporting documents be submitted to the Concerned Department's office|
|Opening Dates for online application:||01/09/2021|
|Closing Dates for online application:||28/09/2021|
|Date of Entrance Test / Merit Based Admissions:||2020-10-19|
|Contact Person Info:||Head of the Department, 0265-2434188 Ext 203 / 0265-2434417 Time: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm on working days E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Dr B.J. Chuuhan( Director) , Dr.S.D.Kahar ( Dy. Director) , E-mail: email@example.com Mr. Keshav Narayan ( L&T Chair) , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Application Link||Click here to Apply|